"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Friday, November 7, 2014

The Obama Trajectory





























If you were a Democrat, what would you think about this trajectory?

  • In 2008 there were 257 Democrats elected to the House.
  • In 2008 there were 58 Democrats (and two independents who caucused with the Democrats) elected to the Senate.
  • In 2014 there are 180-185 Democrats elected to the House.
  • In 2014 there are 43-44 Democrats elected to the Senate (although there are still two independents who might caucus with the Democrats; on the other hand, there's some chance that a relatively conservative Democrat who knows the score in his state like Joe Manchin might switch to become a Republican).
That's what you call a failed Presidency.

1 comment:

  1. One of the more divisive Presidents. He managed to set back racial relations 100 years by continuously fanning the flames.

    ReplyDelete