"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Justified!

























The best-written show on TV premiered last night, the Elmore Leonard-inspired Justified.   A really good episode too, with a brand-new set of villains in the Florida set of the Crowe family, Boyd Crowder losing his Canadian drug connection and now looking to Mexico (likely to be interesting), and a lot of funny lines from our favorite U.S. Marshal.

One interesting point... too often on TV and in movies we are given the impression that criminals are masterminds.   They're not.   They are usually low-IQ losers who turn to crime because they have no other options and no imagination for finding other options.   Justified doesn't make that mistake... its criminals are often dumb as rocks, which is both funny and, ironically enough, more realistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment