"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

TFG

Sometimes you just have to sit back in awe at the brain trust of the Obama White House.   They apparently thought that this advertisement would persuade "young invincibles" -- the young people without health insurance that the Obamacare exchanges desperately need in order for the exchanges to work actuarially -- to buy over-priced health insurance.  



















What?   Huh?   Let me tell you, if my twenty-something son is still wearing footie PJs to sit around the house sipping cocoa, and he has the audacity to try to talk to me about health insurance, I will shoot myself.   Man... did they really think this is a self-image that would appeal to the average young person?   Really?   How out of touch are these guys?   Do they really think the world looks up to and awaits the wisdom of pansy nerds?

No comments:

Post a Comment