"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Matt Barnes' Tweet

Look, I am not defending Richie Incognito's use of a derogatory term for African-Americans in a private and joking voicemail message to a teammate, Jonathan Martin.   But here we are, only a couple of weeks later, and Matt Barnes of the Los Angeles Clippers sends out this tweet after last night's game against the OKC Thunder:
























The first blacked-out word is the same offensive term Incognito used.   But this wasn't in a joking private voicemail, this was sent out over the Internet on Twitter to everyone in the world.

So here are my questions to the NBA and to the media:

1.   Should Matt Barnes be suspended?   If not, why not?

2.   Should Matt Barnes be released?   If not, why not?

3.   Should Matt Barnes be run out of the league?   If not, why not?

4.   Should Matt Barnes be vilified in national media as a racist?   If not, why not?

I just want someone to explain to me the double standards, so we can all understand them.  

Also, in doing so, please someone explain who of the following Clippers can use the n-word, and who can't, and why:

a)  DeAndre Jordan

DeAndre Jordan


b)  Chris Paul


Chris Paul


c)  Matt Barnes

Matt Barnes

d)  Blake Griffin

Blake Griffin

e)  J.J. Redick

J.J. Redick





No comments:

Post a Comment