"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

The Obamacare Train Wreck - Day 9

Ed Morrissey at Hot Air sums it up nicely:

I’ve worked on massive database projects in the private sector... There isn’t a private-sector firm in the world that would have tolerated a web-portal project taking 42 months and delivering this kind of train wreck.

But Obamacare was never about "delivering" a workable health insurance exchange system.   It was always about what government is always about:

Rent-seeking.

Power.

Money-grabbing.

Power.

Pay-offs to insiders.

Power.

Bureaucratic territorialism.

Power.

Aggrandizing the myth of Obama.

Power.

No comments:

Post a Comment