"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Maryland as Microcosm

Posit that the problem of the "uninsured" was the motivation for Obamacare.

Maryland, one of 14 states running their own insurance exchanges under Obamacare, has roughly 600,000 uninsured.

After the first week of Obamacare, the state reports that a grand total of 326 people had successfully signed up.

Hmmm... let's do the math.   At that rate, it will be roughly thirty-five years until the uninsured will all be signed up! 

Unfortunately, I don't think the country will survive that long.

Sheesh!   What a clusterf***!

No comments:

Post a Comment