"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Friday, October 18, 2013

Girls of the Day - Television Flashback Version

For my generation of men, these TV stars of the 1960s and 1970s caused widespread crushes.   They were the wholesome girls-next-door that were cute and nice and funny and yet somehow unthreatening and maybe even attainable.   Now they just make me feel very old indeed.

Dawn Wells (Maryann of Gilligan's Island) turns 75:





































Pam Dawber (Mindy of Mork and Mindy) turns 62:


No comments:

Post a Comment