"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Obama Must Have Missed This Class in Law School

See, there's this little thing in the law called conflict of interest.   You don't hire a lawyer who is currently representing your adversary in another matter or who has represented your adversary in a similar matter in the past.   You don't let your adversary be represented by one of your former lawyers in a similar matter.  

And you don't hire a mediator when your adversary is a current client of the mediator!






























Sheesh!   Sure, let's let Putin broker a deal between us and his client to get rid of the chemical weapons that Russia sold Assad to begin with!

Yeah, that's the ticket!



No comments:

Post a Comment