"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Girl of the Day - Raquel Welch

This is almost obligatory.   Raquel Welch turns 73 today.   Whether it was her name or (ahem) something else, it's hard to remember the 1960s without a few images of her sticking in your mind as the epitome of the movie sex symbol.   I can't remember a single movie she was in, a single performance; I can't conjure her voice, or imagine her singing or dancing.   (Contrasted, for instance, with Mitzi Gaynor, yesterday's GotD, who had talent to burn.)   But, well:

No comments:

Post a Comment