"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Girl of the Day - The Great Greer Garson





































And I mean great.   One of my absolute favorites from the greatest era of Hollywood... back when talent and beauty and class were the prerequisites for stardom.  

I'm not sure there's ever been a more wonderful romance than Robert Donat and Greer Garson in Goodbye, Mr. Chips in 1939... here's the trailer, which is very odd with a strange little man as the narrator.


No comments:

Post a Comment