"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Thursday, August 8, 2013

The President as Celebrity





















Does it bother you that President Obama went on Jay Leno this week to discuss foreign policy?   It bothers me.   We are closing 20 embassies around the world because of supposedly credible threats from al Qaeda.   An attack on an embassy is an act of war -- it is no different than if a foreign power attacked American soil.   So, with a supposedly credible threat of an act of war against America, the President chooses to spend time flying to Los Angeles to appear on a talk show with a comedian?

What's worse... apparently Leno was more insightful and probing in his questions than most of the White House Press corps has been.




2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our country was hijacked by criminal elements 50 years ago

    ReplyDelete