"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Monday, August 12, 2013

Caravaggio!

A miracle of parenthood that seems to be happening with great frequency in our house occurs when your son or daughter surpasses you in knowledge of particular areas, and then surprises you with what he or she has learned.   As Regular Guy readers, you may recall that the Regular Son is a painter.   Over the weekend he mentioned that his favorite painting of all time is Caravaggio's Deposition of Christ.   Here it is:








































If your 16 year-old son even has a favorite painting, you're doing pretty well.   If it's this one, I'd say your parenting has been a roaring success.   So far anyway, so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment