"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Monday, July 29, 2013

Three Million People for Mass!

I have often commented to friends that, if 10 scraggly lefties with a home made sign stage a pro-abortion protest at the local Jesuit university, it makes the 6:00 news, but if 3,000 students at the same Jesuit university go to Mass on Sunday, it's not news, and goes unnoticed.   The media (and I include bloggers) often act in this country as if the only thing happening is politics, the yin and yang of left and right, the drumbeat of scandals, the horse race of an election year.   But there is so much more going on in life.  

And if 3,000 young people going to Mass can't get the media's attention, it's harder to ignore 3,000,000 going to Mass in Rio with Pope Francis:


No comments:

Post a Comment