"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Sad Thought from Thomas Sowell

The great Thomas Sowell offers this sad comment on recent events:

I am so old that I can remember when most of the people promoting race hate were white.
Don't believe him?  Spend five minutes looking at Twitter for comments by young African-Americans about the George Zimmerman trial.   The lynch mob this time is black.   And that's sad.   Fifty years after the civil rights movement, this is where we're at in America today.

No comments:

Post a Comment