"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Monday, July 15, 2013

It Starts

From the Baltimore Sun:

Baltimore police say they are investigating a witness account that a group of black youths beat a Hispanic man near Patterson Park Sunday while saying, "This is for Trayvon."
 
I told my mom the other day that, if there are riots and people die, then President Obama and Attorney General Holder should be impeached, because I think inciting a riot that causes deaths would be a "high crime or misdemeanor."    And they have certainly used the Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman case to foment anger and division in America in a cynical attempt to gin up black turnout for 2012 and 2014. 

No comments:

Post a Comment