"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

If Obama Had a Son, He Might Look Like...

























This young man, who was murdered on the South Side of Chicago last October:

Terrance "Jawan" Wright, 18, was shot and killed on Oct. 19 after five young men tried to rob him. But Wright’s family members believe he was murdered because of his sexual orientation. Wright’s uncle, Tywayn Bouldin, says the authorities are wrong to label the incident a robbery as the teen had nothing of value on him.  
"What they going to rob him of -- his books?" Bouldin told CBS. 
"I believe they only did that to him because he was gay," Wright’s 16-year-old brother, Javone, said.
 
Now, this would be an actual "hate" crime, unlike the George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin case.   But you never hear Obama talking about the epidemic of black-on-black homicides in his hometown.

I guess that might suggest that his "community organizing" didn't do a whole lot of good for the community he was supposedly organizing.

No comments:

Post a Comment