"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Friday, May 24, 2013

Watch Out for the Friday Super-Dump!

It's the Friday before a long weekend, before an even longer Congressional recess, the first weekend of summer, etc.   There's baseball, NBA playoffs, swimming pools opening, grilling with family, drinking beer on the patio.   There's blockbuster movies opening.

And, of course, there's already scandals dominating the news, a beheading in England, a tornado in Oklahoma.   Lots and lots and lots of distractions.

Expect the Obama Administration to release some new bombshells of information today, either about the existing scandals (Benghazi, IRS, DOJ/AP, maybe even Fast and Furious), or some new scandal.  

It's the time-honored Washington tradition of the Friday afternoon document dump writ large.

What will it be?


***

UPDATE:   At 11:24 am on Friday, 5/24/13, my prediction is... (drumroll).

Eric Holder, Attorney General of the United States, will resign before the end of the day.   As I say in a post above, the Attorney General can't be caught in an obvious lie when he's under oath before Congress.   He's got to go, and now is the time, for all the reasons I noted... Memorial Day weekend, sunshine, long Congressional recess, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment