"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Monday, May 20, 2013

Scandal Du Jour

The Department of Justice, investigating a State Department leak, apparently secretly subpoenaed the personal email of a respected FoxNews reporter, James Rosen.

That this is chilling to the 1st Amendment protections of reporters should go without saying.

Whether the rest of the mainstream media will come down hard on the Obama Administration for this kind of jackbooted tactics remains to be seen.   If this were a Republican Administration.... ah, but hell, don't you get tired of saying that?

No comments:

Post a Comment