"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Jay Carney, Duped Patsy or Co-Conspirator?

Here is Jay Carney, the Obama Administration's press spokesman, on 9/14/12, answering a question from Jake Tapper about the deaths of Ambassador Stevens and three others on 9/11:



Either Carney was duped by his superiors into relaying a talking point that was, we now know, false in all of its major particulars -- there was no protest in Benghazi, there was a pre-planned attack, and the attack had nothing to do with an obscure Youtube video -- or else Carney is a co-conspirator in perpetrating a Big Lie on the American people.

So which is it?   And, either way, why should the media ever trust what he says again?

No comments:

Post a Comment