"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Monday, April 8, 2013

Bonus Girl of the Day - Linda Cardellini (Mad Men)

She joined the cast of Mad Men last night as Don Draper's mysterious new lover, Sylvia Rosen, the wife of Don's new friend, Dr. Rosen, a heart surgeon who lives in Don's building.   Her character, though only onscreen for a little while, looks very interesting, which is more than I can say about the rest of last night's season premiere.   Frankly, the show is getting a little bit boring... successful grown men don't really agonize this much about their identities or mortality.   I can't help thinking that Don Draper is a bit of a ninny that way.

Anyway, welcome to Linda Cardellini:


















By the way, you know how I know Don Draper's a pussy? He spends almost no time with his son. Now, I'm willing to grant that the creator of the series, Matthew Weiner, probably figured out early on that the actor they hired to play the boy wasn't any good, so they didn't focus on him, and instead focused on the Drapers' daughter, who is a really interesting (and increasingly nasty) teenager. That being said, anyone who is a real father of a real son will tell you that real men don't just bail on their sons. For real men, your son is unbelievably important to your sense of your self. The fact that Don almost never mentions him... although the kid would be in prime Little League years by now... just shows what a wuss he is.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment