"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Friday, March 1, 2013

Girl of the Day - Joan Hackett





































Joan Hackett was mostly a regular fixture as a guest on a number of TV shows through the 1960s and 1970s, but she was also the love interest of Charlton Heston in one of the greatest Westerns, Will Penny, in the late 1960s, in which Heston plays an aging cowhand who falls in love with a woman who, along with her son, has been deserted by her husband and left to squat in a remote cabin in dangerous territory.

Today's her birthday; she would have been 79. 

1 comment:

  1. She was awesome as Prudy Perkins in Support Your Local Sheriff.

    ReplyDelete