"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Two Things That Bore Me

I have not been writing much about politics of late, because our politics are currently focused on (a) the fiscal cliff; and (b) the Shady Hook Elementary School shooting.   Both subjects depress me and, frankly, bore me.   There's simply not much to be said, as both involve what are truths so basic that they need no additional discussion.

Truth #1 - Evil exists.   Insanity is a characteristic of some human minds, and always will be.   You can't legislate your way out of Shady Hook.

Truth #2 - Washington is dysfunctional.   Republicans and Democrats have essentially conspired for a dozen years in perpetuating the fiction of the free lunch.   No one is calling for a balanced budget now, this year.   So what's really the difference between them in the end?  

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing information on The Regular Guy Believes, i have visited your blog great post.....!!!!!

    Bores












    ReplyDelete