"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Dave Brubeck







































There was a time, as hard as it is to imagine, when jazz was important enough to be featured on the cover of Time magazine.   That was a long time ago, though, back in 1954, when Dave Brubeck was featured.   Mr. Brubeck died yesterday, at the ripe old age of 91.   Of note:  he was a Catholic convert, like the Regular Guy, had a long and happy marriage, and was never known to indulge in drugs.   Yet this jazz composition was probably the most well-known in the modern jazz era:



No comments:

Post a Comment