"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Thursday, November 1, 2012

The Perfect Storm Weekend

A scenario, not a prediction: 

  • The jobs report tomorrow will be a correction from last month's outlier, and unemployment will tick back up to 8.0%.
  • The weekend news will be dominated by two stories:  the unraveling Benghazi scandal and the deepening frustration of New York and New Jersey residents at the slow recovery of basic services after Hurricane Sandy.
  • Polls will continue to show a close race through tomorrow, but then will start breaking over the weekend.
  • By Monday, Romney will have a 2-3 point lead in the polls.
  • On Tuesday, Romney will win a 5-6 point victory and 300+ in the electoral college.

I hope it is so.    Wasn't hope enough in 2008?

No comments:

Post a Comment