"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The Regular Son's Predictions

The Regular Son and I correspond regularly during the school day via email, usually on political topics, sometimes on cross country statistics, only occasionally on missing homework.   Here are his debate predictions for tonight, hot of the presses:

Here are my debate predictions. First of all: a victory for Romney, but not as decisive as the Denver debate. Obama will be better, simply, in my opinion, because Valerie Jarrett and the Chicago gang will not permit him to be worse. I'm inclined to agree when you say the fix is in on Candy Crowley, and I think you're right on when you say the debate happens in three phases: the debate, the pundits, and social media. The pundits want to tell the story that Denver was just a fluke and Obama, the new Cicero, has come roaring back. However, as VDH said a while back, the problem wasn't that Obama was abysmal. Romney was also great. I predict Romney to bury Obama in policy and the fruits of his failures, and to hit Benghazi hard, because Americans are starting to get the message that either the inept administration really dropped the ball or something stinks to high heaven. Obama will be more aggressive than Denver but less so than Biden. Romney will stick to the plan. They'll try to hit him up for "math" and "specifics". Overall a victory for Romney and we keep the momentum going.

No comments:

Post a Comment