"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Put Colorado in the Bank

Romney at Red Rocks last night:


































Crowds matter.   Enthusiasm matters.   Excitement matters.   Turnout matters.   Hope matters.   Change matters.   Obama had it in 2008.   Romney has it in 2012.

So put Colorado in the bank.   Along with Virginia after Obama's bizarre argument that the Navy doesn't need to be building more ships... Virginia has a big Navy presence and shipbuilding industry.  Florida and North Carolina are already gone.   So, as I've previously suggested, Romney is really already at 257 electoral votes.   He needs 13 more.   There are many routes there, including:
  • Wisconsin and New Hampshire (14)
  • Wisconsin and Iowa (16)
  • Wisconsin and Nevada (16)
  • New Hampshire, Iowa and Nevada (16)
  • Michigan (16)
  • Ohio (19)
  • Pennsylvania (20)
Or, if my predictions of a preference cascade building for Romney hold, take all of them and go to bed early on 11/6.

But, in the meantime, be prepared for a lot of TV ads running on Milwaukee stations.  

No comments:

Post a Comment