"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Thursday, October 18, 2012

"Not Optimal"

From Beltway Confidential:
President Obama, during the taping of The Daily Show, discussed the Benghazi terrorist attack that claimed the lives of the U.S. Ambassador to Libya and three other Americans.

“Here’s what I’ll say. When four Americans get killed, it’s not optimal. We’re going to fix it,” Obama said per pool. “The government is a big operation and [at] any given time something screws up,” he also said, saying that he believes “you find out what’s broken and you fix it.”
I don't want to pick on President Obama's words here.   But I will offer a question, and if you're out there reading about this, think hard about what this means.

Have you ever seen President Obama as angry at the Islamic terrorists who killed an American ambassador as he has obviously been at Mitt Romney, whose crime in Obama's eyes appears to be simply the fact that he's a successful white Christian American who happens to have garden-variety political disagreements with Mr. Obama in a two-party system in a democracy where, until Obama was elected, Democrats used to say dissent was "patriotic"?    What does it say about Obama if he's angrier at fellow Americans -- Republicans -- than he is at Islamic terrorists?

No comments:

Post a Comment