"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Dan Quayle, We're Sorry!

Did we have troops in Iran that I didn't know about?   Can you imagine if Dan Quayle had said something like this at a moment when foreign policy and specifically Middle East policy is at the center of the presidential election?




I mean, can you just imagine what would have happened?

Quayle was a smart man who was basically run out of politics by the media because of a single misstatement that they used to brand him as a dunce.   Biden makes worse misstatements every day and almost every time he opens his mouth.   Yet the media gives him a pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment