"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Candy Crowley

After a few minutes of the debate last night I thought Candy Crowley was doing an OK job as the moderator.   Then I think she let her true liberal lefty come out.   Whining about liberal media bias is probably a bad strategy, but please.   This is outrageous:

1. Crowley interrupted Romney 28 times, Obama only 9 times.

2. Crowley gave Obama three more minutes of speaking time, although her only job is to ensure that each side gets equal time.

3. Crowley gave Obama the last word on 8 out of 11 questions.

4. Crowley "corrected" Romney on Libya, saying that Obama had stated that the attack on the Benghazi consulate was an "act of terror" in the Rose Garden on 9/12, even though only two weeks earlier she had said on national TV that it had taken the administration until 9/28 to admit that it had been a terrorist act:

No comments:

Post a Comment