"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Monday, October 15, 2012

A Debate Question

A question that will not be asked tomorrow:

"Mr. President, in 2008 you famously said that your election would mean the earth would begin cooling and oceans would stop rising.   One of the platform planks you ran on was creating a cap-and-trade regime for limiting carbon emissions, as a means for combatting global warming.   Given the latest report (here) showing that there has, in fact, been no global warming for the past sixteen years, would you agree that you were wrong in 2008 and, if not, can you state the scientific basis for your continued belief in global warming?"



No comments:

Post a Comment