"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Monday, October 29, 2012

A Benghazi Question

Mr. President, there has been a suggestion from your administration that military assets could not reach the Benghazi consulate from our air force base in Sigonella, Sicily in time to help during the attack of 9/11/12.   Yet CIA security personnel reached Benghazi from Tripoli to help defend the embassy and the CIA annex.   On my map, Sigonella (the "A") doesn't look much further from Benghazi than Tripoli, and both require flights over water.   So why was one possible and the other somehow impossible?

No comments:

Post a Comment