"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Unforced Errors III

These people are fools. Here is a clip from the Democratic convention in which the chair rams through two amendments to add language back into the party's platform recognizing God and recognizing Jerusalem as the capitol of Israel. Neither should have been controversial, but, as you'll hear, a substantial portion of the delegates voted no, and then booed when the chair essentially lied and decided that 2/3rds had voted "aye."



They call that stepping on your own message.   Is there any way the GOP won't be running ads using this clip?   I'll bet they have an ad up on Youtube by tonight, if they don't already.  

No comments:

Post a Comment