"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Connect the Dots

I have a clear memory in the aftermath of 9/11 of pundits chastising President Bush for failing to "connect the dots" to prevent the attacks from happening.   Apparently there were clues in the Daily Intelligence Briefings that could have -- in a purely hypothetical, hindsight world -- led him to understand that the attacks were imminent.   What does it say then about President Obama's seriousness as a leader and as Commander-in-Chief that he's missed so many of his daily briefings?   What if an attack happened now?   How would the MSM spin Obama's golf-playing and fund-raising and ESPN-watching if thousands of Americans died?

I'm just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment