"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Thursday, August 9, 2012

If the Government Has No Place in Our Bedrooms, How Come the Government Should Pay for Your Birth Control?



Hilarious.  And sad.   I've often thought that the best way to fight liberalism is simply to ask them very simple questions very slowly, like:

  • Why do you think you should have to pay for your neighbor's contraception?
  • Do you think people who have cell phones and flat-screen TVs should qualify for food stamps?
  • Is it a good thing that more black babies are aborted as a percentage of the population than white babies?
  • Would you want your children to go to an inner city public school?
  • Is it OK for the federal government to force your children and grandchildren to pay for your consumption today by borrowing money that will have to be paid off decades from now?
  • Is it OK that our borrowing for entitlement programs is financing China's military buildup?
  • Do you think people who work harder should make more money than people who work less hard
Things like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment