"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Obama's Bundlers

Don't believe anything you hear from the Obama campaign about Bain Capital or private equity or Wall Street.   Here are the biggest bundlers for the Obama campaign, people who have each arranged for contributions in excess of $1 million.   In the top five, four are individuals employed by Ariel Capital Management, Jordan Real Estate Investments, HBJ Investments, and Grosvenor Capital Management.  (The fifth and biggest bundler is Jeffrey Katzenberg of Hollywood fame.)   A casual Internet search reveals that these are a mutual fund company, a real estate company that also does private equity investments (i.e., buys companies like Bain Capital), another investment company, and a hedge fund.  

Hypocrisy alert!

No comments:

Post a Comment