"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Monday, July 16, 2012

Live by the Liberal Nanny State, Die by the Liberal Nanny State


Liberals Bruce Springsteen and Paul McCartney are upset that their concert was shut down by government lackeys enforcing a curfew ordinance.   Oh, boo-hoo.   When government regulations affect a small shop owner or a small manufacturing company (or big companies for that matter), do you think liberals in the entertainment industry bemoan the intrusiveness of the regulatory state Leviathan?   Liberals only like liberty when it's at the service of the things they think are "cool" -- sex, drugs, rock and roll.   For the rest of us trying to make a living, they don't care at all if government makes it harder.

Sorry, Bruce.   We still love you even if you're a political fool.

No comments:

Post a Comment