"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Monday, July 9, 2012

All You Need to Know

The reality is that there are "low information" voters out there who are not yet focused on the Presidential campaign.   So don't worry too much about polls showing Obama and Romney still neck-and-neck.  In the next four months people will start to focus on one question:  Did Obama do the job of President well enough to be re-elected?   I don't see how the answer to that question is anything but a resounding No.



Those aren't the results on jobs that the American people had a right to expect, period.   And Obama's recent lament that he "tried really hard" won't satisfy or convince very many adults.  


No comments:

Post a Comment