"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Friday, May 25, 2012

Girl of the Day - Lolo Jones

Olympic hurdler and devout Christian, Lolo Jones, has come "out of the closet," so to speak, in recently confessing that she is a virgin and believes in saving herself for marriage.  It's somewhat of an odd world when that merits news coverage, but I hope her message gets an added boost when she wins the gold medal in the 110 high hurdles in London this summer.  (By the way, with the Regular Son getting so in to track this year, I'm really excited for the first time in decades about watching the Summer Olympics.)

No comments:

Post a Comment