"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Illinois Primary Today

This is an interesting primary in terms of how to spin it afterwards.   The latest polls suggest a huge Romney win, something on the order of 15%.   If Santorum could make it somewhat close, he could spin it as a moral victory, which would then carry him into the Louisiana primary on Saturday, where he would be expected to win.   If Romney has a blow-out win, on the other hand, that would solidify his narrative of inevitability.   Which is pretty strong anyway.   The scenario for Santorum remains:  make it close in Illinois; win Louisiana; win Wisconsin on April 3rd.   Then see where we are.   

Weirdly, the Wisconsin primary (where the Regular Family lives) may turn out to be the Last Stand for non-Romneys.   Buckle up.

No comments:

Post a Comment