"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Girl of the Day - Cyd Charisse


Probably the greatest dancer in movies (and certainly the dancer with the best legs), Cyd Charisse is one of the Regular Guy's favorites.   She was the femme fatale in the great ballet sequence at the end of Singin' in the Rain (pictured above), the very apex of the American musical, dancing step for step with Gene Kelly.  It's her birthday today, so let's celebrate with some great, but less well-known dancing from a later musical that I've always liked, The Band Wagon, with Fred Astaire:

No comments:

Post a Comment