"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Friday, March 23, 2012

"A Big F***ing Deal"

That's how Joe Biden described the passage of Obamacare two years ago today:




Funny, then, how if you go to http://www.whitehouse.gov/schedule, the President has no items on his agenda for today to commemorate the passage of his signature piece of legislation, a vast re-imagining of one-sixth of the American economy that has been the focal point of the left in America for three generations:



Hmmmm.... must be something embarrassing about it, huh?   Otherwise, in an election year, wouldn't a President running for re-election be going to the American people with an easy case, saying, I passed this great piece of legislation that everyone wanted?   

No comments:

Post a Comment