"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Friday, February 3, 2012

Girl of the Day - Bridget Hanley

OK, so maybe I'm the only one who remembers the late 1960s TV show, Here Come the Brides.   Anyway, Bridget Hanley was the female star who was, somewhat bizarrely, in love with the character played by Bobby Sherman.   She always seemed too old for him, but maybe that was because he was the favorite pin-up for a whole generation of pre-teen girls (at least until David Cassidy came along a couple of years later).  



Her hair, much like Jimi Hendrix' guitar playing, is hard to explain unless you were alive in 1967-69. 

Anyway, Bridget Hanley turns 71 today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment