"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Disavowal of the Pursuit of Middle-Classness


Oh, and if we're going to be attacking Rick Santorum's Catholicism, it would be nice if the mainstream media took a peak at the Trinity Church of Christ's website.   That's the church in Chicago where Obama spent twenty years listening to the sermons of Jeremiah Wright.   One of it's key values -- which it calls the "Black Value System" -- is to "disavow the pursuit of middle-classness."   Hmmmmm.... what are the odds that George Stephanopoulus asks the president about that in a debate?

***

This is not to say that it would necessarily be fair to pull things out of context (as I do above) to attack Wright or Trinity.    Here, for instance, is a Youtube video of Wright talking very sensibly about Bible Study classes at the church in the 1970s:





The point is simply that, where you can count on the MSM to unfairly attack Santorum and leave out the context of things he says about his faith, you can also count on them to ignore Wright entirely.  

No comments:

Post a Comment