"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Big Day for Santorum?

Byron York thinks that Rick Santorum could have a big day today, with potential wins in the non-binding Missouri primary (where Gingrich is not on the ballot to siphon off conservatives) and the Minnesota caucus, and perhaps a stronger-than-expected second place showing in Colorado's caucus.    We'll see.   I'd like to see what the national polls look like at the end of the week if that happens.... there's a lot of volatility in the Republican electorate right now, and at least some willingness still to coalesce around "not-Romney" as the candidate.   I also think that the publicity generated by the Obama administration's unconscionable anti-Catholic ruling on health insurance under Obamacare may help Santorum, since he is essentially the Catholic candidate.  

No comments:

Post a Comment