"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Girl of the Day - Faye Dunaway


Faye Dunaway turns 70 today, which is not necessarily a sign of Armageddon, but close.   Not really my type, Dunaway nevertheless was in a series of movies in the 1960s and 1970s that have only gotten better with time, including Bonnie and Clyde, The Thomas Crown Affair, Chinatown, Three Days of the Condor, and Network.   Great stuff,and she held her own with some great actors in some of their best performances:  Warren Beatty, Steve McQueen, Jack Nicholson, Robert Redford, William Holden.   Thomas Crown and Condor are movies that I will watch whenever they are on, and Dunaway's entrance in Thomas Crown is one of the great movie/fashion moments of the 1960s:

No comments:

Post a Comment