"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Girl of the Day - Barbi Benton


If you were a young man in the 1970s, you probably had occasion to see Barbi Benton, the girlfriend of Hugh Hefner, on television with some frequency -- she was, for instance, a regular on the country comedy show Hee Haw.   I'm not sure what her talents were, but in retrospect her softcore personae actually seems somewhat innocent compared to what passes for popular culture today.

In any event, Barbi Benton turns 61 today.   As always, tempus fugit.  

No comments:

Post a Comment