"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Girl of the Day - Rooney Mara

The Regular Family is back from our week-long trek across America to see the extended Regular (and some not-so-regular) Families in Omaha and St. Louis.   The dog is out of the kennel and biting and sticking his head in the sink; the suitcases are put away; the children (girls) are working on their Just Dance 3 moves, while the boy child works on his first album of acoustic songs on the new guitar.   All is right with the world.    Back to blogging!

Today's girl, Rooney Mara, is the star of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo remake, and I suspect she'll be a huge star very soon.   Another neat fact:  that's her actual name, which comes from the two sides of her family, the Rooneys (who owned the Pittsburgh Steelers) and the Maras (who owned the New York Giants).   

Here she is in the movie:



And here she is in real life:



Much better in real life, methinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment