"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Friday, December 16, 2011

Girl of the Day - Maggie Siff

I've started watching the FX show Sons of Anarchy at the suggestion of the Regular Neighbor, with whom I've watched over the years Dexter, Deadwood, Treme, Justified, Homeland, Rubicon, Breaking Bad and others.   (OK, I admit, we're TV junkies.... at least I don't watch The Mentalist!)

Anyway, Sons of Anarchy is very good, and the central character of Jax Teller, played by the British actor Charlie Hunnam, is fascinating as a good bad man who leads a violent Northern Californian criminal motorcycle gang called SAMCRO (Sons of Anarchy Motorcycle Club, Redwood Original chapter).  His love interest is the local girl made good, Dr. Tara Knowles, played by Maggie Siff, who was also on Mad Men for a year as the character Rachel Menken, a client of the ad agency and a lover of Don Draper.    Here's Siff in character on Sons:




And here she is on Mad Men:


No comments:

Post a Comment