"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Girl of the Day - Ann Reinking


It's Ann Reinking's birthday today.   Born in 1949, she was the long-legged (aren't they all?) lead dancer in many of Bob Fosse's greatest shows, including Chicago and Sweet Charity, both times replacing Gwen Verdon's Fosse's former wife, who had originated the roles.   Reinking was also in Fosse's autobiographical musical movie, All That Jazz.   Here she is doing the song (which is actually from Chicago) on a TV show called "Dancin' Man," which I frankly do not remember:





Great stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment