"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Torty and the Rally Squirrel



Allen Craig's pet tortoise, Torty, and the Rally Squirrel, apparently have a relationship, according to none other than Tony La Russa:

Twice, with a twinkle in his eye, La Russa has suggested that the squirrel or squirrels was dating utility man Allen Craig's pet tortoise, Torty, and that the squirrel was looking for Torty when it scooted past home plate just as Phillies right-hander Roy Oswalt made a pitch to Skip Schumaker.

"As far as the squirrel and the tortoise is concerned, they had this relationship, so I think it first came out there because Craig wasn't playing, and his boyfriend told him or girlfriend or whatever it was," La Russa said. "And this squirrel was looking for Craig, ran all over, finally found him."

Seems like a loose bunch.   Being 10.5 games out in late August can do that to you.   Go Cardinals!

No comments:

Post a Comment